How do we balance hope and despair, expansion and collapse, survival and rest?
In today’s episode, Carmen Spagnola joins me to discuss how she cultivates a small and delicious life in the face of collapse. Together we explore the realities of not being able to meet all our needs, what happens when we’re under-resourced (and what happens when we’re ecologically resourced), and the paradigm shifts we need around needs.
Carmen Spagnola is a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef turned trauma recovery practitioner, clinical hypnotherapist, and kitchen witch. As a chef, author, and facilitator, Carmen holds space for renewal amidst turmoil. Her work is an invitation to re-enchantment, soul nourishment, and a deeper and more animistic relationship to the natural world. She provides frameworks and skills to create cultures of collective care in precarious times.
Tune in to hear more about…
- Sitting with your needs when they can’t be met
- Finding hope & feeling despair in our collapsing world
- Taking care of ourselves in survival moments
- Attachment theory and how we approach our needs
- Recognizing yourself as part of an ecosystem
Hang with Carmen…
- Find Carmen on Instagram
- Visit Carmen’s website
- Listen to Carmen’s podcast, The Numinous Podcast
- Buy Carmen’s book, The Spirited Kitchen: Recipes & Rituals for the Wheel of the Year
Really love Needy? Join the Needy Podcast Inner Circle! Courses, discounts, quarterly Q&As and more for a one-time or monthly donation of any amount. Exclusively for folks who love the Needy podcast. THANK YOU.