How can we let stories from the past transform our relationship to the present?
In this episode, I’m joined by Ronna Detrick for a thoughtful and moving conversation about the power of reclaiming sacred stories. We discuss her passion for writing, reinterpreting the Bible, and reconnecting with historical stories in a more meaningful and honest way.
Ronna Detrick (she/her) left the church and its dogma nearly twenty years ago but took the stories of women with her. She has combined her love of writing with a diverse and winding career that has included coaching, spiritual direction, professional development training, corporate leadership, and entrepreneurship. She holds both a Master of Divinity degree and a Certificate in Spiritual Direction from The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology.
Tune in to hear us discuss…
- Ronna’s current writing process & how it helps her connect with herself more deeply
- The surprising benefits of closing your eyes while typing
- The house of cards that led to Ronna’s deconstructing her belief system
- The power in reclaiming the stories of women that have been misconstrued
- Mary of Bethany & what she teaches us about prioritizing our needs
Hang out with Ronna…
- Visit Ronna’s Website
- Follow Ronna on Instagram
- Follow Ronna on Facebook
- Pre-Order Ronna’s Book Rewriting Eve: Rescuing Women’s Stories from the Bible and Reclaiming Them As Our Own
- Get the Intuitive Muse Deck
- Book a Sacred Reading
Really love Needy? Join the Needy Podcast Inner Circle! Courses, discounts, quarterly Q&As and more for a one-time or monthly donation of any amount. Exclusively for folks who love the Needy podcast. THANK YOU.